Myth = Use the same skills.
Truth = Use different skills. (e.g. – Excellent people skills)
Achieving success through others:
- Organizing skills.
- Leadership skills.
Myth = Power gets results.
Truth = Credibility gets results.
Manager has formal authority, higher status within the organization, greater access to resources.
Character – Always striving to do the right thing.
Competency – Talk less, listen more.
Influence – If you work hard, display honesty & fairness, demonstrate knowledge, competency and reliability, you will positively influence people.
How to compensate for lack of freedom:-
- Building a network – Success largely depends on co-operative efforts.
- Sharing power – High credibility & influence. It means sharing resources, advice, knowledge, acknowledging and accepting the contributions of others.
- Exchanging valued resources – Exchanging valued resources with others in your organization can help you get the resources you need – such a talent, finances, or support.
Myth = Delegate work: More Time?
Truth = Many responsibilities can’t be delegated.
Myth = Learn through training.
Truth = Learn through experience. Experience is a way to learn.
Experienced Manager = Source of wisdom
Learning on the Job:
- Reflecting on your experience.
- Gathering feedback about the performance.
- Identifying probable challenges.
- Encourage respectful exchanges.
- Avoid personality clashes.
- Seek feedback.
Myth = Focus on developing an individual relationship
Truth = The individual relationship can have a negative impact
Develop relationship in a way that will enhance the performance of the entire team. Use group forums.
Constraints of the Manager’s role:
Can come from inside or outside the organization
E.g. of Constraints of a manger’s role –
5) Policies & Procedure
Hope you like this scribe.
Thank you, Please don’t forget to follow PHARMABOX.in on social media for regular updates.